Amazon’s New EBC Guidelines, Updates, and Modules
Amazon is an ever-evolving entity that continually strives to provide its users superior customer service, easy accessibility, and convenient navigation. The e-commerce conglomerate is exemplary in its attention to detail, making sure that the consumer has a flawless shopping experience.
As such, Amazon upgrades their policies and tools fairly often which can sometimes be hard for sellers to keep up with.
Recently, the company introduced new EBC guidelines, layouts, and text options for those with A+ and Enhanced Brand Content. This is exciting for Vendors and Brand Registered Sellers because these changes offer cleaner, more attractive templates that provide more landscape for sales copy. In turn, this provides an enhanced viewing experience for buyers.
If you are Brand Registered and you haven’t taken advantage of this opportunity to add beautiful imagery and persuasive copy to your listing, you ought to reconsider. With more Amazon merchants utilizing this real-estate, you want to be ahead of your competition.
WHAT IS EBC?
EBC is a feature on Amazon where sellers can download extra images, graphics, and content that is not offered to regular sellers. This section replaces the Product Description on a listing and is comprised of 5 modules of various image and text layouts. Here are a few examples of what a brand can create with EBC:
Pretty stunning, right? Especially when compared to a typical Amazon listing. And these are the old EBC templates. The new ones allow even more room for creative direction.
WHAT ARE THE NEW EBC GUIDELINES AND UPDATES?
While Brand Registered Sellers have always had the option of utilizing one of five pre-built Amazon templates or customizing their own layout, a la carte style, they were somewhat limited in text layout and image size, especially when compared to Vendors.
With the new EBC guidelines, third-party sellers can now have more of the same options that A+ sellers have enjoyed. This means more customizable modules to work with and more creative leeway to portray their brand how they see fit.
But there is another HUGE update that is particularly intriguing to sellers. Each image now offers a text box where you can enter “image keywords” into the space. This is important for two reasons:
First, it allows people that can’t upload images to at least have a description of what the image displays. For example, a viewer can hover over the image with their mouse and the text box will describe what the picture is conveying.
Second – and this is really enticing for merchants – these keywords index for SEO and PPC. Whereas before, it was unverifiable whether EBC content ranked, now we know at least these sections throughout your template DO.
Here is an example of what your EBC will look like when you go to put in your copy and images:
As depicted above, you are limited to 100 characters in each image keyword box, so be selective in what you put.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE OTHER EBC UPDATES FOR BRAND REGISTERED SELLERS?
The new modules introduced by Amazon allow for more pictures, graphics, and content which gives the seller more room to advertise. This also gives the customer more content to make an informed decision.
However, with all of these changes, inputting your information can feel a bit daunting, so we at Markethustl created the following guide to try and reduce some of the confusion and anxiety.
A FEW THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
✓ Every text box has a maximum character count of 500, except for the Brand Story which goes where the Product Description used to, prior to the new EBC guidelines. The Brand Story section offers 6000 characters.
✓ The text headers allow between 80-100 characters, depending on which module and section you are using
✓ The image keyword section allows 100 characters. Because these words index, be very selective in what you put in this section
✓ For specific guidelines regarding content, restrictions, image size, etc. click here.
UPDATED EBC AND A+ MODULES
Keep in mind that some of these modules will look exactly the same as the ones offered in the old templates while other ones will be different. The new EBC modules offer more images, different banner sizes, and unique text placement compared to the old templates. Here are the modules you will now be offered in EBC:
EBC: Feature 1 / A+ : Standard 4 Images and Text
Image Size: 220 x 220 pixels
EBC: Feature 2 / A+: Standard 3 Images and Text
Image Size: 300 x 300 pixels
EBC: Feature 3 / A+: Standard 4 Image Quadrant
Image Size: 135 x 135 pixels
EBC: Header 4 / A+: Standard Left Image and Text
Image Size: 300 x 300 pixels
EBC: Header 5 / A+: Standard Right Image and Text
Image Size: 300 x 300 pixels
EBC: Header 6 (BANNER) / A+: Standard Image and Dark Text Overlay
Image Size: 970 x 300 pixels
EBC/A+: Comparison Chart
Image Size: 150 x 300 pixels
EBC/A+: Single Image and Sidebar (Allows 2 Images)
Image Sizes: Main – 300 x 400 pixels, Sidebar – 350 x 175 pixels
EBC/A+: Four Image Highlight
Image Size: 300 x 300 pixels
EBC/A+: Single Image and Specs Detail
EBC/A+: Single Image and Highlights
EBC/A+: Image & Light Text Overlay (BANNER)
What This Means For The Future Of Amazon Sellers and Buyers
These new EBC guidelines and updates allow brand registered sellers to helm their listings better which, in turn, makes for a more pleasurable buying experience for customers. Now, surfing the pages of Amazon feels more like perusing the pages of a catalog. As sellers, EBC provides the opportunity to develop a brand story and give the viewer more information regarding their products. As buyers, EBC offers the ability for you to make an informed and confident purchasing decision. It’s a win-win for everyone.
Coupon Marketing Agreement
(“Agreement”) by and between iLoveToReview.com, LLC dba MarketHustl.com, a Nevada limited liability company, (the “Company”) and the undersigned client (the “Client”), effective as of the date set forth above (the “Effective Date”) and covers all promotional campaigns for MarketHustl.
Amazon TOS Compliance
- We are not a review company. We will never ask any member to review a product.
- We have no way of tracking any information related to Amazon reviews
- Providing products in exchange for a review is against Amazon TOS.
- All campaigns are for strategic promotional purposes only
- The term “Coupon Codes” means Amazon.com coupon or promotion codes provided by Client for distribution by the Company. All Coupon Codes provided by Client to the Company shall reflect a Significant discount on the price of the product(s) described above (the “Product(s)”), but need not discount Clients’ ordinary shipping and handling costs.
- Client understands a Campaign Date will not be set until Company receives Coupon Codes for distribution as set forth below.
- The term “Redemption Target” means the numbers of people who use the Coupon Codes to claim a Product(s) from the Client’s Amazon account. Client agrees to provide Company with an accurate report showing such redemptions within three (3) business days of Company requesting it.
- The Company will use reasonable efforts to distribute the Coupon Codes by email, SMS messages or website visitors until Redemption Target has been reached, however, there is no guarantee the redemption target will be reached. The Company will be responsible for the timing, nature, and means of distributing the Coupon Codes; provided, that the Company and Client shall mutually agree in advance to any product description, marketing materials, or the like used by the Company in connection with distributing the Coupon Codes. The Coupon Codes may be distributed in conjunction with coupon codes for other products and/or services, including those of other clients.
- Campaign Fees: Client shall pay the Company the Single Promo or Standard, Basic, Business or Corporate subscription fees which are due immediately upon execution of this Agreement. The Company shall have no obligation to distribute any Coupon Codes until payment in full is received.
- Campaigns: Campaigns are defined as a coupon code promotion for a single ASIN. Single Promotions are limited to a 1 time promotion for up to 200 coupons. All subscriptions can run unlimited promotions per ASIN per month with no coupon limits.
- Client shall be responsible for timely fulfilling all orders for the Product(s) utilizing the Coupon Codes, consistent with its ordinary fulfillment policies, at its own cost. The Company will not pay for any part of the costs or retail price of the Products, and will not provide shipping, logistics, or fulfillment services. Client shall not charge shipping and handling greater than it charges paying customers for like goods.
- The Company shall not be liable for any damage or loss caused by use of the Coupon Codes, including, but not limited to, redemption by persons other than its subscribers, publication of the Coupon Codes, or redemptions of the Coupon Codes in excess of the Redemption Target. If Client believes that the Coupon Codes are being misused it is Client’s responsibility to deactivate the Coupon Codes.
- Upon the Company’s request, Client shall provide to the Company the complete fulfillment report from the time of the campaign.
- Client shall ensure that on the day of the promotion that the product price will be at a price that the Coupon Codes will reduce the item to the agreed upon amount as indicated on the cover of this Agreement. Client further promises that they shall not change the price of the item on Amazon for 5 days after the promotion launch date to ensure that the Coupon Codes will discount the product as promised for 5 days after the promotion date.
- The Term of this agreement shall be for 30 Days from the day the Coupons are first distributed by the Company for all campaigns and automatically renewed each month upon monthly subscription payment.
- Campaigns are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and are non-refundable.
Indemnification, Insurance, Limitations on Liability.
- Client agrees to indemnify, defend and hold the Company harmless for any liability, damage, loss, claim, cause of action, injury or expense (including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs) arising from or relating to any Client’s product(s) or any product(s) promoted by Client pursuant to this Agreement, Client’s failure to fulfill any order pursuant to the Coupon Codes, any returns, reimbursements or the like, or any claim that any product promoted by Client under this Agreement was in any way defective or deficient, including, but not limited to, claims in the nature of negligence, product liability, breach of warranty (express or implied), breach of contract, or fraud (collectively the “Covered Claims”), whether for injury to person or property, or otherwise. If any Covered Claim is asserted against the Company, the client shall have the right to retain counsel of its choosing, and shall promptly notify Client of such claim.
- WITHOUT LIMITING THE OBLIGATION TO INDEMNIFY THE COMPANY UNDER PARAGRAPH a. ABOVE, NEITHER PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, AND THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF EITHER PARTY HEREUNDER SHALL BE THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY CLIENT PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT.
- THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING THE CONTENT OF THE REVIEWS PROVIDED BY ITS SUBSCRIBERS OR OTHERS, OR THE CONTINUING AVAILABILITY OF ANY FEATURE OR FUNCTION OF THE AMAZON.COM WEBSITE THAT MAY BE NECESSARY TO CARRY OUT THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
- THE COMPANY HAS NO CONTROL OVER CHANGES TO THE AMAZON.COM SITE, WHICH MAY RENDER THE COMPANY UNABLE TO FULFILL ITS OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER. THE SERVICES HEREUNDER ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
- Either party may terminate this Agreement, (a) on fourteen (14)-days written notice of the other party’s breach of this Agreement if the other party has failed to cure its breach during such period, or (b) immediately on written notice of the other party’s breach of the terms outlined in this agreement. The provisions of Section 5, 6 and 7 shall survive termination of this Agreement.
- This Agreement is the entire agreement of the parties on the subject matter hereof and supersedes any prior or concurrent discussions, negotiations or agreements concerning the same. This Agreement may only be modified in writing, signed by both parties. No failure or delay of either party in enforcing any right or obligation hereunder shall be deemed a waiver, and no waiver will be effective unless signed with the party to be charged.
- The interpretation, performance, enforcement, and breach of this Agreement shall be governed and construed under the laws of the State of Florida without reference to conflicts of law principles. Any disputes arising from or relating in any way to this Agreement shall be brought, if at all, in final, binding arbitration pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such arbitration shall be confidential, and shall be conducted in Broward County, Florida. The prevailing party in such arbitration, and any proceedings to enforce or vacate the arbitrator’s decision shall be entitled to recover its attorney’s fees and costs.
- In the event that any provision of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, then that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary to render it valid and enforceable, and the remaining provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
- This Agreement is intended for the benefit of the named parties alone, and is not intended to confer any rights on any third parties. This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties and their respective successors and assigns.
- This Agreement reflects the negotiation and mutual intention of the parties, and will not be strictly construed against either party by reason of the party drafting this Agreement or the provision at issue.
- Any notice required or permitted hereunder shall be given in writing by mail or email at the address for each party specified below and shall be deemed effective upon receipt.
- This Agreement may be executed in counterparts and through electronic means by clicking agree below.
Copyright © 2019 markethustl.com