Storytelling: How Enhanced Brand Content Can Drive Sales Through Evoking Emotion
Storytelling Through Enhanced Brand Content
So, you have a product that’s your baby. Just like a real baby, you were there since the beginning and saw it through ’til it became a live, tangible thing and now it’s yours to cultivate and insure its success.
It started as just one simple idea; maybe something you were joking around about with a friend over some beers. And that tiny, little seed didn’t seem all that silly the more you thought about it. It started to grow in your mind. You started thinking about the logistics of making it happen: how would it actually work? What materials would you use? Where would you have it made? Would you need to get a patent? Is this really something people would buy?
With a lot of hard work and even more patience, these questions slowly were answered and before you knew it, you were setting up an Amazon account online and you were ready to show the world exactly what your baby could do.
We at Markethustl understand exactly what your product means to you. We value the time and money you’ve invested and we want to see your product do as well as you do.
This is why it is so important to utilize Amazon’s Enhanced Brand Content.
You’ve probably heard the term EBC thrown around a lot lately, as this new feature is slowly starting to gain traction and has potential to revolutionize the way people see and buy products on Amazon.
So, what exactly does Enhanced Brand Content entail and how can you optimize your listing by taking advantage of this program? Here, we discuss the five main features that EBC offers its Brand Registered sellers. But for this particular article we’re going to focus on storytelling and what that does for your business.
But before we get into EBC and Storytelling…
How Important To Success Is Getting My Product On the First Page of Amazon?
The short answer: VERY.
The longer answer: You really need to get a firm grasp on how vital Amazon is to overall consumer sales and how potential buyers see and think when looking for a particular product. The average person isn’t going to sift through page after page of the similar products so you want to get as close to the first page as possible.
In other words, Amazon is one of the top e-commerce platforms available in the world and is a huge hub for both vendors/sellers and shoppers.
The good news is this means you have millions of potential buyers at your disposal. The bad news is that you are up against thousands of other products, very similar to yours, with a lot of big-name brands.
This is why understanding how to optimize traffic to your page and converting that traffic to buyers is crucial to the success of your business. So, how do we do that?
There are numerous ways to ensure you get more views, like optimizing your keyword search and having better pictures. But one of the more critical factors in guaranteeing an increase in sales is less talked about and that is storytelling.
What Is Storytelling?
We obviously all know what storytelling means, but we don’t know much in how it pertains to consumerism.
We’ve been telling stories since we were little kids. The way stories of faraway lands and Princes saving Princesses lured you into the fantasy is the same psychological concept people get sucked into buying products.
I know, I know. You’re probably wondering how the heck a fantasy about a Princess has anything to do with you selling oven mitts, right? It’s a valid question with a complex answer.
You Need To Relate To The Customer Through Emotions
Humans innately respond with emotion when making decisions (but don’t tell them that because nobody would ever admit to it.) Yes, even with practical things that should have nothing to do with emotion.
Why? Because purchasing items activates the pleasure and reward centers in our brains, creating an emotional connection to that thing.
Don’t believe me? There is an entire field of research called neuromarketing, which is when marketing companies “use medical technologies such as functional magnetic resonance imaging to study the brain’s responses to marketing stimuli.” These centers of the brain that light up when a human has an emotional response toward an item is proof that humans may not consciously know why they are inclined to buy certain products over others –they just are.
How Do You As A Seller Create An Emotional Connection To Your Product?
Let’s say your product is a set of oven mitts. Obviously, there are two glaring hurdles with getting your product to the first page on Amazon.
Firstly, you are competing against hundreds –if not thousands–of other people selling a very similar product than yours, making it difficult to stand out from your competition.
Secondly, the average person doesn’t usually correlate oven mitts with an emotional response, so how do you create a story out of a kitchen item?
Roger C. Schank, cognitive psychologist, educational reformer, and entrepreneur once said, “Humans are not ideally set up to understand logic; they are ideally set up to understand stories.”
This is absolutely a crucial concept for you to understand in regards to marketing and sales. Even if your product is something that doesn’t seem to have any emotional value behind it, you need to find one. It’s there, you just need to dig deep.
For example, oven mitts make people think about baking and baking is often attributed to a person’s childhood. Perhaps grandma or mom used to bake cookies on special occasions or Thanksgiving was always a time for extended family to gather around the kitchen and cook and tell stories. These are stories that conjure up feelings of nostalgia and happiness. People respond to happy memories, so now you have a potential consumer attributing your oven mitts to their personal, happy memories. This connection is far more likely to initiate an impulse buy and the customer probably has no notion of why he or she decided on your particular pair of oven mitts.
That’s how storytelling boosts sales.
What Does Storytelling Have to Do With Enhanced Brand Content?
Prior to EBC, Amazon had strict rules on how many characters you could use in both the bullet points and description of your listing. Furthermore, it only allowed 7 photos.
Enhanced Brand Content has replaced the description section, allowing for more pictures and a lot more characters for writing content. This is huge because it means there is more opportunity to tell a story about your product.
The bullet points below your title are typically written to describe what your product is and why a person should buy it. But what if you had the opportunity to talk more in depth about how your product came to be?
In other words, the new format now allows more space and characters to conjure up emotions through storytelling.
Remember, on Amazon you are very limited on time and space to capture the attention of a potential buyer. It’s not like advertising on TV where the company has 1 minute to seduce its viewers through music, story, and visuals.
Now, with Amazon’s Enhanced Brand Content, sellers and vendors have the opportunity to use more visuals and words to create an emotional connection to their product. Your story can now come alive –who you are, how you came up with your baby, and why consumers need and/or want this product. In doing so, you should be able to optimize traffic and sells exponentially, simply by creating invoking an emotional need to have your product.
Coupon Marketing Agreement
(“Agreement”) by and between iLoveToReview.com, LLC dba MarketHustl.com, a Nevada limited liability company, (the “Company”) and the undersigned client (the “Client”), effective as of the date set forth above (the “Effective Date”) and covers all promotional campaigns for MarketHustl.
Amazon TOS Compliance
- We are not a review company. We will never ask any member to review a product.
- We have no way of tracking any information related to Amazon reviews
- Providing products in exchange for a review is against Amazon TOS.
- All campaigns are for strategic promotional purposes only
- The term “Coupon Codes” means Amazon.com coupon or promotion codes provided by Client for distribution by the Company. All Coupon Codes provided by Client to the Company shall reflect a Significant discount on the price of the product(s) described above (the “Product(s)”), but need not discount Clients’ ordinary shipping and handling costs.
- Client understands a Campaign Date will not be set until Company receives Coupon Codes for distribution as set forth below.
- The term “Redemption Target” means the numbers of people who use the Coupon Codes to claim a Product(s) from the Client’s Amazon account. Client agrees to provide Company with an accurate report showing such redemptions within three (3) business days of Company requesting it.
- The Company will use reasonable efforts to distribute the Coupon Codes by email, SMS messages or website visitors until Redemption Target has been reached, however, there is no guarantee the redemption target will be reached. The Company will be responsible for the timing, nature, and means of distributing the Coupon Codes; provided, that the Company and Client shall mutually agree in advance to any product description, marketing materials, or the like used by the Company in connection with distributing the Coupon Codes. The Coupon Codes may be distributed in conjunction with coupon codes for other products and/or services, including those of other clients.
- Campaign Fees: Client shall pay the Company the Single Promo or Standard, Basic, Business or Corporate subscription fees which are due immediately upon execution of this Agreement. The Company shall have no obligation to distribute any Coupon Codes until payment in full is received.
- Campaigns: Campaigns are defined as a coupon code promotion for a single ASIN. Single Promotions are limited to a 1 time promotion for up to 200 coupons. All subscriptions can run unlimited promotions per ASIN per month with no coupon limits.
- Client shall be responsible for timely fulfilling all orders for the Product(s) utilizing the Coupon Codes, consistent with its ordinary fulfillment policies, at its own cost. The Company will not pay for any part of the costs or retail price of the Products, and will not provide shipping, logistics, or fulfillment services. Client shall not charge shipping and handling greater than it charges paying customers for like goods.
- The Company shall not be liable for any damage or loss caused by use of the Coupon Codes, including, but not limited to, redemption by persons other than its subscribers, publication of the Coupon Codes, or redemptions of the Coupon Codes in excess of the Redemption Target. If Client believes that the Coupon Codes are being misused it is Client’s responsibility to deactivate the Coupon Codes.
- Upon the Company’s request, Client shall provide to the Company the complete fulfillment report from the time of the campaign.
- Client shall ensure that on the day of the promotion that the product price will be at a price that the Coupon Codes will reduce the item to the agreed upon amount as indicated on the cover of this Agreement. Client further promises that they shall not change the price of the item on Amazon for 5 days after the promotion launch date to ensure that the Coupon Codes will discount the product as promised for 5 days after the promotion date.
- The Term of this agreement shall be for 30 Days from the day the Coupons are first distributed by the Company for all campaigns and automatically renewed each month upon monthly subscription payment.
- Campaigns are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and are non-refundable.
Indemnification, Insurance, Limitations on Liability.
- Client agrees to indemnify, defend and hold the Company harmless for any liability, damage, loss, claim, cause of action, injury or expense (including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs) arising from or relating to any Client’s product(s) or any product(s) promoted by Client pursuant to this Agreement, Client’s failure to fulfill any order pursuant to the Coupon Codes, any returns, reimbursements or the like, or any claim that any product promoted by Client under this Agreement was in any way defective or deficient, including, but not limited to, claims in the nature of negligence, product liability, breach of warranty (express or implied), breach of contract, or fraud (collectively the “Covered Claims”), whether for injury to person or property, or otherwise. If any Covered Claim is asserted against the Company, the client shall have the right to retain counsel of its choosing, and shall promptly notify Client of such claim.
- WITHOUT LIMITING THE OBLIGATION TO INDEMNIFY THE COMPANY UNDER PARAGRAPH a. ABOVE, NEITHER PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, AND THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF EITHER PARTY HEREUNDER SHALL BE THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY CLIENT PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT.
- THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING THE CONTENT OF THE REVIEWS PROVIDED BY ITS SUBSCRIBERS OR OTHERS, OR THE CONTINUING AVAILABILITY OF ANY FEATURE OR FUNCTION OF THE AMAZON.COM WEBSITE THAT MAY BE NECESSARY TO CARRY OUT THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
- THE COMPANY HAS NO CONTROL OVER CHANGES TO THE AMAZON.COM SITE, WHICH MAY RENDER THE COMPANY UNABLE TO FULFILL ITS OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER. THE SERVICES HEREUNDER ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
- Either party may terminate this Agreement, (a) on fourteen (14)-days written notice of the other party’s breach of this Agreement if the other party has failed to cure its breach during such period, or (b) immediately on written notice of the other party’s breach of the terms outlined in this agreement. The provisions of Section 5, 6 and 7 shall survive termination of this Agreement.
- This Agreement is the entire agreement of the parties on the subject matter hereof and supersedes any prior or concurrent discussions, negotiations or agreements concerning the same. This Agreement may only be modified in writing, signed by both parties. No failure or delay of either party in enforcing any right or obligation hereunder shall be deemed a waiver, and no waiver will be effective unless signed with the party to be charged.
- The interpretation, performance, enforcement, and breach of this Agreement shall be governed and construed under the laws of the State of Florida without reference to conflicts of law principles. Any disputes arising from or relating in any way to this Agreement shall be brought, if at all, in final, binding arbitration pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such arbitration shall be confidential, and shall be conducted in Broward County, Florida. The prevailing party in such arbitration, and any proceedings to enforce or vacate the arbitrator’s decision shall be entitled to recover its attorney’s fees and costs.
- In the event that any provision of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, then that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary to render it valid and enforceable, and the remaining provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
- This Agreement is intended for the benefit of the named parties alone, and is not intended to confer any rights on any third parties. This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties and their respective successors and assigns.
- This Agreement reflects the negotiation and mutual intention of the parties, and will not be strictly construed against either party by reason of the party drafting this Agreement or the provision at issue.
- Any notice required or permitted hereunder shall be given in writing by mail or email at the address for each party specified below and shall be deemed effective upon receipt.
- This Agreement may be executed in counterparts and through electronic means by clicking agree below.
Copyright © 2021 markethustl.com