5 Reasons Amazon’s Enhanced Brand Content Could Improve Sales
If you have been wondering if Enhanced Brand Content through Amazon’s new Brand Registry 2.0 is worth the extra time and money, the simple answer is, Yes.
It’s most definitely worth it.
In fact, we think Brand Registry will become the standard for serious sellers in 2018.
Amazon’s New Brand Registry has become much more than just protection against fraudulent, third-party sellers. The 2.0 version has a few other advantages that many don’t know about, mostly around Enhanced Brand Content (EBC). Knowing how to utilize EBC can really help drive additional product sales.
If you want to review the requirements for Brand Registry, click HERE.
Now, let’s dive into the new EBC functions and how the features can dramatically increase your sales.
WHAT IS ENHANCED BRAND CONTENT?
Enhanced Brand Content allows Trademark Brand Owners the ability to modify the description field of their ASINs. It also gives brand sellers the option of enhancing their images, text placements, and describing the features of their product through a “brand story.” This feature can be used to answer customer inquiries by providing detailed information that both helps tilt the scales for unsure, potential buyers and reduces the likelihood of unsatisfied customers and returns.
With Enhanced Brand Content, the seller has an increased ability to showcase their product, differentiate their brand from competitors through storytelling, and (most importantly) turn more clicks into conversions.
WHO IS EBC AVAILABLE TO?
EBC is for sellers who have been approved as brand owners after signing up for Amazon’s Brand Registry. To be clear, if you signed up for Amazon’s original version of the Brand Registry, the advantages of EBC will not be available to you until you’ve re-applied for Amazon’s 2.0 version that took place in March of 2017. Your Enhanced Brand Content will also need to be approved by Amazon before making it live.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
To sign up through the Brand Registration, it is currently free. We do anticipate that in the near future, this will change and a fee will be implemented. This is one of the reasons we encourage sellers to take advantage of this tool as soon as possible. Even if you need to outsource design or photography to create a stunning look for your brand, it is an investment that will pay you dividends for years to come.
So, why aren’t more people utilizing this option? Perhaps it is because the general population’s understanding of the value of Enhanced Brand Content is minimized. Here, we will discuss five reasons the EBC feature could be invaluable to your business.
THE VALUE OF “EYE CANDY” SHOULD NEVER BE UNDERESTIMATED
You have very little time to convert a visitor on your listing to a customer. People are busy. You have only seconds to get them to scan your title and listing and decide to click on more. Once your page is opened, it’s your job to keep them engaged. Enhanced Brand Content can provide an amazing opportunity to further engage your audience.
With Enhanced Brand Content, you get far more real estate for photographs in the detail section. This is invaluable to your business because, as the old adage goes, “a picture is worth a thousand words,” and that is particularly true in sales. More images improve conversion rates. People are naturally visual and are far more likely to have an emotional connection/response to a pleasing picture than a written description.
Furthermore, you can customize the overall layout, including where the product image is placed, which creates an “identity” for your page. Much like the layout of an actual store, how the pictures on your page are distributed will either entice a potential customer or repel one.
Here’s an example of how the Enhanced Brand Content feature provides a clean and aesthetically-pleasing touch to the detail field of Campfy Hammock Straps:
Obviously, this is far more satisfying to the eye than a simple, detailed description of their product.
ENHANCED BRAND CONTENT SHOWS ON MOBILE WITHOUT A CLICK
This is arguably one of the best features that Amazon Branding 2.0 offers and sellers should really take advantage of.
Normally, when a buyer searches Amazon products from his or her mobile device, the description of a product populates on the first page, showing only the first 200 characters of a product’s description. To learn more about it, the viewer would have to click on the product to open a new page with further details.
With the EBC option from your mobile device, a potential buyer would be able to see everything from the title to the pictures to the description without having to click to a new page.
No EBC on Mobile
With EBC on Mobile
Which product description above makes you want to click it?
That’s what we think too.
Even without case studies and stats, it doesn’t take a marketing degree from Wharton to understand the added value here.
For you number crunchers though…here are some stats for you and a quick case study below.
Why is this a big deal? For starters, it’s important to note that 79 percent of U.S. consumers shop via the internet and over fifty percent of those people do it from their mobile phone, as presented in the model below.
Not only are we consumers that like to use our phones for shopping, we also are consumers driven by convenience. The less “searching” a person has to do, the better. This means that if a person can pull up ALL of the information they need to know in one click without having to do more homework, you have created an invaluable means of optimizing sales.
We had a client share with us their results after we created Enhanced Brand Content for 4 of their related products.
We created a custom banner that branded their company and actually included photographs of all 4 of the products…showcasing the entire “product family.”
Then for each listing, the remaining of the images showcased that particular product with additional lifestyle and custom photos.
Here are the results:
Product % Change Sales % Change Units
A -30.91% -25.53% -37.83% B 204.55% 215.79% 24.22% C 84.83% 252.94% 198.45% D 23.73% 38.30% -4.00% Average 70.55% 120.37% 45.21%
While 1 of the 4 products actually saw a little drop in performance, the increases across the brand are very significant.
We tracked this over a 60 day period – 30 days before and 30 days after adding EBC. Can you imagine what these increases will mean in revenue over an entire year?
YOUR PRODUCT DESCRIPTION WILL STILL INDEX
One of the main concerns sellers have with the increase of photos is that their product won’t index as well due to the potential lack of keywords. This should not be a concern to brand owners. Not only will your product description still index as it did before, but the added images would only have a positive influence on sales.
AMAZON WILL SOON BE OFFERING VIDEOS
Piggybacking off the value of more visuals, Amazon will soon be offering a position in the photo queue for short videos. If a picture is worth a thousand words then a video is worth a million. This is particularly exciting for products that require instructions on how to set-up or use the item being sold.
For example, if you are selling something that requires assembly or instruction on how to use, wouldn’t it be far easier to show how this is done? Not only does this give the potential buyer a better understanding of the product, but it frees up bullet points and description space that were once occupied by instructions. With video option, like the one below, this offers real estate that can be used to sell the product as opposed to explaining how it’s assembled or used.
EARLY REVIEWER INITIATIVE
Another lesser-known (but just as valuable) aspect of Brand Registry is an early reviewer initiative. Reviews are huge dictators of how well your product sells, yet it is estimated that only about 1% of buyers will bother leaving a review.
With Brand Registration 2.0, you can pay $60 to sign up for what Amazon calls the “Early Review Program.” This is a tool that randomly selects people who have already purchased your product and offers a $1-$3 credit to their account if they leave an authentic review of your item. While this doesn’t guarantee that every buyer will leave a positive one, it does give consumers a motive for reviewing and rating your product which can help drive sales.
ADD SOME WATER TO THE MOAT YOU ARE BUILDING AROUND YOUR BUSINESS
With increased competition by both National and International sellers, most savvy sellers do everything they can to protect their brands. While you can protect your products 100% unless you are Brand Gated, there are many ways you can make it harder for people by creating more of a barrier to entry.
Great custom packaging, product patents, massive review counts, and unique product designs are all ways smart sellers use to deter would-be competitors. This makes copy-cats think twice before trying to private label a competing product.
Showing your competitors that you have taken the time and investment into developing your brand with great Enhanced Brand Content is one more deterrent for potential competition. Sellers looking to get in and make a quick buck will often look for easier products to compete with.
CONVERSION DATA LOOKS PROMISING
Because Enhanced Brand Content was enabled just before the holidays, during a time when most brands see a spike in sales, the existing data can be difficult to analyze. That said, we believe there is strong evidence to suggest that EBC could increase conversion rates for retailers on Seller Central.
We base this off Amazon’s “A+ Enhanced Marketing Content”. The functions and features are similar to EBC, such as more layout features and the ability to insert custom-made marketing material onto a listing page. According to Amazon, vendor pages that utilized this service see conversion rates rise by 3 to 10 percent, and we think it’s a safe bet that those numbers will translate over to EBC conversions rate percentages.
THE BOTTOM LINE
In short, the new Amazon Brand Registration is more than just a tool to police counterfeiters and trademark violators. While this is obviously a pertinent advantage to signing up for the program, the new features on your personal page are worth noting when making the decision to sign up for it or not. As Amazon continues to finely tune the fluidity of which consumers and sellers can utilize the platform, I think Brand Registry soon won’t be just an option, but a necessity.
If you want to learn more about our EBC packages for new and existing clients, fill out the simple form below and we’ll get back in touch with design options and pricing
Coupon Marketing Agreement
(“Agreement”) by and between iLoveToReview.com, LLC dba MarketHustl.com, a Nevada limited liability company, (the “Company”) and the undersigned client (the “Client”), effective as of the date set forth above (the “Effective Date”) and covers all promotional campaigns for MarketHustl.
Amazon TOS Compliance
- We are not a review company. We will never ask any member to review a product.
- We have no way of tracking any information related to Amazon reviews
- Providing products in exchange for a review is against Amazon TOS.
- All campaigns are for strategic promotional purposes only
- The term “Coupon Codes” means Amazon.com coupon or promotion codes provided by Client for distribution by the Company. All Coupon Codes provided by Client to the Company shall reflect a Significant discount on the price of the product(s) described above (the “Product(s)”), but need not discount Clients’ ordinary shipping and handling costs.
- Client understands a Campaign Date will not be set until Company receives Coupon Codes for distribution as set forth below.
- The term “Redemption Target” means the numbers of people who use the Coupon Codes to claim a Product(s) from the Client’s Amazon account. Client agrees to provide Company with an accurate report showing such redemptions within three (3) business days of Company requesting it.
- The Company will use reasonable efforts to distribute the Coupon Codes by email, SMS messages or website visitors until Redemption Target has been reached, however, there is no guarantee the redemption target will be reached. The Company will be responsible for the timing, nature, and means of distributing the Coupon Codes; provided, that the Company and Client shall mutually agree in advance to any product description, marketing materials, or the like used by the Company in connection with distributing the Coupon Codes. The Coupon Codes may be distributed in conjunction with coupon codes for other products and/or services, including those of other clients.
- Campaign Fees: Client shall pay the Company the Single Promo or Standard, Basic, Business or Corporate subscription fees which are due immediately upon execution of this Agreement. The Company shall have no obligation to distribute any Coupon Codes until payment in full is received.
- Campaigns: Campaigns are defined as a coupon code promotion for a single ASIN. Single Promotions are limited to a 1 time promotion for up to 200 coupons. All subscriptions can run unlimited promotions per ASIN per month with no coupon limits.
- Client shall be responsible for timely fulfilling all orders for the Product(s) utilizing the Coupon Codes, consistent with its ordinary fulfillment policies, at its own cost. The Company will not pay for any part of the costs or retail price of the Products, and will not provide shipping, logistics, or fulfillment services. Client shall not charge shipping and handling greater than it charges paying customers for like goods.
- The Company shall not be liable for any damage or loss caused by use of the Coupon Codes, including, but not limited to, redemption by persons other than its subscribers, publication of the Coupon Codes, or redemptions of the Coupon Codes in excess of the Redemption Target. If Client believes that the Coupon Codes are being misused it is Client’s responsibility to deactivate the Coupon Codes.
- Upon the Company’s request, Client shall provide to the Company the complete fulfillment report from the time of the campaign.
- Client shall ensure that on the day of the promotion that the product price will be at a price that the Coupon Codes will reduce the item to the agreed upon amount as indicated on the cover of this Agreement. Client further promises that they shall not change the price of the item on Amazon for 5 days after the promotion launch date to ensure that the Coupon Codes will discount the product as promised for 5 days after the promotion date.
- The Term of this agreement shall be for 30 Days from the day the Coupons are first distributed by the Company for all campaigns and automatically renewed each month upon monthly subscription payment.
- Campaigns are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and are non-refundable.
Indemnification, Insurance, Limitations on Liability.
- Client agrees to indemnify, defend and hold the Company harmless for any liability, damage, loss, claim, cause of action, injury or expense (including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs) arising from or relating to any Client’s product(s) or any product(s) promoted by Client pursuant to this Agreement, Client’s failure to fulfill any order pursuant to the Coupon Codes, any returns, reimbursements or the like, or any claim that any product promoted by Client under this Agreement was in any way defective or deficient, including, but not limited to, claims in the nature of negligence, product liability, breach of warranty (express or implied), breach of contract, or fraud (collectively the “Covered Claims”), whether for injury to person or property, or otherwise. If any Covered Claim is asserted against the Company, the client shall have the right to retain counsel of its choosing, and shall promptly notify Client of such claim.
- WITHOUT LIMITING THE OBLIGATION TO INDEMNIFY THE COMPANY UNDER PARAGRAPH a. ABOVE, NEITHER PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, AND THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF EITHER PARTY HEREUNDER SHALL BE THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY CLIENT PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT.
- THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING THE CONTENT OF THE REVIEWS PROVIDED BY ITS SUBSCRIBERS OR OTHERS, OR THE CONTINUING AVAILABILITY OF ANY FEATURE OR FUNCTION OF THE AMAZON.COM WEBSITE THAT MAY BE NECESSARY TO CARRY OUT THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
- THE COMPANY HAS NO CONTROL OVER CHANGES TO THE AMAZON.COM SITE, WHICH MAY RENDER THE COMPANY UNABLE TO FULFILL ITS OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER. THE SERVICES HEREUNDER ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
- Either party may terminate this Agreement, (a) on fourteen (14)-days written notice of the other party’s breach of this Agreement if the other party has failed to cure its breach during such period, or (b) immediately on written notice of the other party’s breach of the terms outlined in this agreement. The provisions of Section 5, 6 and 7 shall survive termination of this Agreement.
- This Agreement is the entire agreement of the parties on the subject matter hereof and supersedes any prior or concurrent discussions, negotiations or agreements concerning the same. This Agreement may only be modified in writing, signed by both parties. No failure or delay of either party in enforcing any right or obligation hereunder shall be deemed a waiver, and no waiver will be effective unless signed with the party to be charged.
- The interpretation, performance, enforcement, and breach of this Agreement shall be governed and construed under the laws of the State of Florida without reference to conflicts of law principles. Any disputes arising from or relating in any way to this Agreement shall be brought, if at all, in final, binding arbitration pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such arbitration shall be confidential, and shall be conducted in Broward County, Florida. The prevailing party in such arbitration, and any proceedings to enforce or vacate the arbitrator’s decision shall be entitled to recover its attorney’s fees and costs.
- In the event that any provision of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, then that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary to render it valid and enforceable, and the remaining provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
- This Agreement is intended for the benefit of the named parties alone, and is not intended to confer any rights on any third parties. This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties and their respective successors and assigns.
- This Agreement reflects the negotiation and mutual intention of the parties, and will not be strictly construed against either party by reason of the party drafting this Agreement or the provision at issue.
- Any notice required or permitted hereunder shall be given in writing by mail or email at the address for each party specified below and shall be deemed effective upon receipt.
- This Agreement may be executed in counterparts and through electronic means by clicking agree below.
Copyright © 2021 markethustl.com